Musuk.co.uk got the opportunity to do a 10 Questions with the wonderful Alexa Melo. If you have not listened to her work, I 100% recommend you follow links at the end and check her out! Here is how it went!
1) How old were you when you started singing and knew this is what you
want to do?
When I was 6 years old I performed for the first time in my hometown
in a community theater show called Disney Under The Stars. A couple
thousand people came, and It was my first solo. I sang “I Got No
Strings” from Pinnochio. I remember thinking to myself while i was up
there that I wanted to spend the rest of my life performing.
2) What genre would you categorize your sound with?
Oh man! This question always stumps me. Honestly I don’t know anymore.
I guess I could safely say “indie rock experimental”, but that kind of
means something different to everybody.
3) What bands/artists are you biggest influence?
Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Bjork, The Beatles… Those are
my biggest influences, but I go through so many phases…
4) If you could collaborate with an band/artist, past or present, who
would it be and why?
Hmm… Kate Bush, Thom Yorke or Jack White.
5) What would you say would be you best track that you have wrote/Performed?
A song called “Demoted” off my debut record. It’s the first song I
ever wrote and produced and thought to myself, “this is how I’d like
to be represented.” My music is very eclectic. Most of the songs
differ strongly from the others in genre and style so it’s always hard
for me to choose which song I feel fully represents me accurately as
an artist. “Demoted”, I feel, does that.
6) I love you Space Oddity cover, I am also a bit of a David Bowie
fan. What other covers do you like to perform?
My band and I perform all of Pink Floyd’s classic album ‘Dark Side Of
The Moon’ on a regular basis. I think I enjoy that more than
performing my own music! We also do a punk-ish rendition of
Radiohead’s ‘Lotus Flower’ in most of my sets.
7) Do you have set rehearsing days, such as once a week? (where,when)
We rehearse at a joint called SwingHouse in Los Angeles, and another
place on the west side called Musician’s Choice… We usually only
practice when we have up coming gigs or if we are learning a bunch of
8) This a new but popular question! If you were stranded on a desert
island and you could only take 2 things with you, which would you
My guitar and a journal. (hopefully a pen doesn’t count as a 3rd thing!)
9) What can we expect from you by the end of 2016!
Hopefully more music, videos, shows and some sort of building success.
10) Anything you wish to tell your fans and musuk.co.uk?
Thanks for listening and reading this interview. I appreciate your existence!
Check out the links!